Ms.Sally Maher serves as an independent consultant for the medical device industry.
Maher Consulting provides strategic advice in regulatory, quality, clinical, product development and healthcare compliance to both small and large medical device companies.
Other key roles:
- InterimChief Operating Office for ACell Inc. Columbia MD (2018-2019). The ACell CEO andthe Chairman of the Board requested Ms. Maher to take over as COO to helprebuild the leadership team. Ms. Maher was instrumental in hiring a VP ofRegulatory & Quality as well as replacing the R&D VP and the MarketingVP.
- VPRegulatory & Clinical for Edwards Life sciences Critical Care Division.Rebuilt the Critical Care Regulatory and Clinical Teams and led the remediation of the regulatory files.
- Held several Senior Vice President positions at Smith & Nephew Endoscopy including; Government Affairs, Research and Development, Business Development,Healthcare Compliance and Reimbursement.
- Ms.Maher has held positions of increasing responsibility at Pfizer and Johnson& Johnson.
- Ms.Maher started her career at the US Food and Drug Administration where she held roles of increasing responsibility in the Office of Regulatory Affairs, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, and the Office of Legislative Affairs in theCommissioner’s Office.
Sally has served on the board of directors for ACell Inc, a privately held $100+M leader in regenerative medicine, since 2016. She is the Chair of the ACell Compliance Committee and is a member of the Nominating& Governance Committee. She previously chaired the Nominating, Governance,Compliance Committee.
Awards and Recognitions
At Smith & Nephew, Ms. Maher managed the integration of OBL (a bolt-on acquisition) and completed the integration ahead of schedule and under budget.
Ms. Maher holds a BS in Bacteriology from Ohio Wesleyan University and a JD from theUniversity of Baltimore. She enjoys traveling, golfing, and spending time with her wife. They divide their time between Scituate, MA and Laguna Hills, CA.